Milestones Center for Child Development: Helping Children Achieve Success at Home, in School and Beyond
At Pomona Valley Health Centers, our Milestones Center for Child Development is dedicated to the developmental and special needs of children from birth through adolescence. Our mission—and commitment—is to help children reach the developmental milestones that will enable them to achieve their highest potential.
Specialized therapy and care for many types of need.
Milestones is a pediatric rehabilitation clinic fully staffed and equipped to treat a wide variety of diagnoses and conditions, including:
- Abnormal gait patterns
- Attention disorders
- Balance deficits
- Cerebral palsy
- Cleft lip/cleft palate
- Developmental disorders
- Down syndrome
- Feeding disorders
- Fine motor delays
- Gross motor delays
- Joint attention impairment
- Oral motor difficulties
- Self-care (dressing, grooming, hygiene)
- Sensory processing
- Speech, language, hearing disorders
- Spina bifada
- Strength & flexibility
- Toe walking
A highly credentialed, capable team devoted to your child’s development.
Certified by the Joint Commission and authorized (“paneled”) to treat children with California Children’s Services-eligible medical conditions, Milestones is reputable, respected and credentialed. Most importantly, we are effective at helping our patients reach the developmental milestones that will allow them to enjoy more independence as they continue to grow.
Our team consists of highly trained, informed and experienced licensed child-development professionals, including:
- Occupational therapists
- Physical therapists, including a board-certified Pediatric Clinical Specialist
- Speech-language pathologists certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
Individualized, collaborative care designed for your child’s maximum potential.
At Milestones, treatment sessions are individualized for each child’s unique situation, needs and potential. At the same time, treatment is collaborative.
In addition to working with area pediatricians, our therapists work closely with each child and family to set appropriate goals, develop a custom treatment program and empower the family to support development and therapies in between treatments. Here’s how we do it:
- Pediatric Occupational Therapy addresses the skills that are the foundation for performing activities of daily living, including feeding, self-care, play skills, social interaction, attention to task, visual and motor tasks, and safety awareness. Our occupational therapists work together with parents and caregivers to set age-appropriate goals and programs for both home and school environments.
- Pediatric Physical Therapy addresses the acquisition of age appropriate developmental milestones such as sitting, crawling, standing, walking, running, jumping, kicking, throwing, and stair climbing. Our physical therapists empower family and caregivers with programs and hands-on demonstrations to support therapeutic goals that will enhance the child’s performance at home and in the community.
- Pediatric Speech-Language Therapy evaluates and treats children with a broad range of communicative disorders, including articulation/phonological disorders, stuttering/fluency disorders, receptive and expressive language disorders, and pragmatic/social language disorders, selective mutism, voice disorders, and audiological impairments. Our speech-language pathologists strive to help each child reach their highest potential through personalized treatment plans designed with an emphasis on communication readiness.
Convenient, affordable and insurance accepted.
Milestones Center for Child Development provides this high level of specialized care 5 days per week at Pomona Valley Health Center’s Claremont location and, coming soon, at the Chino Hills location. Milestones is open Monday thru Friday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, and a physician referral is required for care. We accept most insurance plans, and we’re happy to help you with the necessary authorizations. If you’re not insured, we do offer cash-pay options.
Give your child the specialized attention that will help him or her reach developmental milestones and achieve success and maximum potential at home, at school and for the future. For more information, or to schedule an appointment, call 909-621-7956. You can also schedule an appointment using our easy online form.
For additional information about Milestones and other rehabilitation services available at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center, click here.