Milestones Center for Child Development: Helping Children Achieve Success at Home, in School and Beyond
At Pomona Valley Health Centers, our Milestones Center for Child Development is dedicated to the developmental and special needs of children from birth through adolescence. Our mission—and commitment—is to help children reach the developmental milestones that will enable them to achieve their highest potential.
Specialized therapy and care for many types of need.
Milestones is a pediatric rehabilitation clinic fully staffed and equipped to treat a wide variety of diagnoses and conditions, including:
- Abnormal gait patterns
- Attention disorders
- Balance deficits
- Cerebral palsy
- Cleft lip/cleft palate
- Developmental disorders
- Down syndrome
- Feeding disorders
- Fine motor delays
- Gross motor delays
- Joint attention impairment
- Oral motor difficulties
- Self-care (dressing, grooming, hygiene)
- Sensory processing
- Speech, language, hearing disorders
- Spina bifada
- Strength & flexibility
- Toe walking
Highly Trained Pediatric Therapy Team
We pride ourselves on our highly trained and compassionate team of therapists who are completely devoted to your child’s development.
Certified by the Joint Commission and authorized (“paneled”) to treat children with California Children’s Services-eligible medical conditions, Milestones is reputable, respected and credentialed. Most importantly, we are effective at helping our patients reach the developmental milestones that will allow them to enjoy more independence as they grow.
Our team consists of:
- Occupational therapists
- Physical therapists, including a board-certified Pediatric Clinical Specialist
- Speech-language pathologists certified by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
Individualized, Collaborative Care
At Milestones treatment sessions are individualized for each child’s unique situation, needs and potential. In addition, treatment is collaborative between all rehab services.
In addition to the direction offered by our referring pediatricians, our therapists set goals, develop custom treatment programs and empower the family to augment the child’s development and therapies in between treatment sessions. Here’s how we do it:
- Pediatric Occupational Therapy addresses skills that are the foundation for performing activities of daily living, such as feeding, self-care, play and, social skills, visual and motor tasks and safety awareness. Our occupational therapists work together with parents and caregivers to set age-appropriate goals and programs for both home and school environments.
- Pediatric Physical Therapy addresses the acquisition of age appropriate developmental milestones such as sitting, crawling, standing, walking, running, jumping, kicking, throwing and stair climbing. Our physical therapists empower family and caregivers with programs and hands-on demonstrations to support therapeutic goals that will enhance the child’s performance at home, in school and in the community.
- Pediatric Speech-Language Therapy evaluates and treats children with a broad range of communicative disorders, including articulation/phonological disorders, stuttering/fluency disorders, receptive and expressive language disorders, social language disorders, selective mutism, voice disorders, and audiological impairments. Our speech-language pathologists strive to help each child reach their highest potential through personalized treatment plans designed with an emphasis on communication readiness.
Convenient, Affordable, Most Insurance Accepted
Milestones Center for Child Development provides this high level of specialized care 5 days per week at Pomona Valley Health Center’s Claremont and Chino Hills locations. Milestones is open Monday thru Friday from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm, and a physician referral is required for care. Both telehealth and in-clinic appointments are available. We accept most insurance plans, and we’re happy to help you with the necessary authorizations. If you’re not insured, we do offer cash-pay options.
Give your child the specialized attention that will help him or her reach developmental milestones and achieve success and maximum potential at home, at school and for the future.
For appointments, contact Milestones at:
Milestones Center for Child Development–Chino Hills: 909-630-7877
Milestones Center for Child Development–Claremont: 909-621-7956
For additional information about Milestones and other rehabilitation services available at Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center, click here.