We’ve all been there: You’re going for your personal best during a workout, trying to chop veggies like a pro or step awkwardly off the curb, and ouch! From pops and pulls to tweaks and twinges to cuts, burns and bites, it’s good to have a reliable urgent care near you. And, it’s important to choose the right facility, but how? Start by looking for services and features that can save you time, money and frustration.
The differences between urgent care and emergency care
There are distinctions between these two types of care. Urgent care is intended to treat non-life-threatening illnesses or injuries that need attention right away. Even though your condition is not an emergency, don’t wait to seek treatment for things like:
- Accidents and falls
- Sprains and strains
- Eye irritation and redness
- Excessive vomiting, diarrhea or dehydration
An emergency room or emergency care center is set up to immediately treat conditions that can permanently impair or endanger your life, including:
- Heart attack, stroke, difficulty breathing or chest pain
- Serious head, neck or back injury
- Deep knife cuts or gunshot wounds
- Compound fractures or bone breaks
What to look for in an urgent care near you
Does the facility accept your insurance? That’s a vital factor to look for, but when researching facilities, take note of features like:
- Accessibility – Let’s say you sprain your ankle during your gym league basketball game. You need an urgent care that offers walk-ins and convenient appointments, 365 days a year. You need Pomona Valley Health Centers!
- Location, location, location, location – The last thing you want to do when you’re in pain is to travel far for relief. Good thing PVHC offers four, conveniently-located facilities to treat you right, right now, with urgent care in Chino Hills, Claremont, La Verne and Pomona.
- Insurance – We provide attentive, expert care for Workers’ Comp cases, and we work with most major HMOs and many private insurance plans.
- Advanced technology – Speed is one thing, but in urgent care, quality and accuracy are even more crucial. This is precisely why PVHC provides advanced diagnostic imaging and fast results. Your health deserves the very latest technology, and we insist on working with it.
Compassionate, high quality urgent care is near you
Welcome to the place where superior quality and quick, easy convenience coexist. At Pomona Valley Health Centers, our board-certified physicians and skilled, caring nurses are here to help you heal quickly. Come see us for complete urgent care in Chino Hills, Claremont, La Verne and Pomona, or for head-to-toe family medicine, sports medicine or specialty care.
To schedule an appointment, call 909-536-1493 or click here to use our online form.